We are here to help you decide to choose your way of marketing your company and its products and services. Below, the whole idea of online marketing over traditional marketing methods are discussed. First, let’s start by explaining the concepts.
What are traditional marketing methods?
Traditional marketing involves marketing methods that can be used without the internet. This is a method that has been around for more than two decades and is usually used less frequently. However, they were not without strength.
Common traditional marketing methods include:
- Postcards, vouchers, and information packets are sent instantly
- Television or radio commercials
- Advertise in newspapers or magazines
- Billboards and leaflets
- Phone calls and text notifications
We see and hear many of these commercials every day by listening to the radio on our way to work or even seeing billboards through the windows as we pass. They have become a part of everyday life.
What is digital marketing methods?
Digital marketing strategies are developing rapidly due to new trends and technologies. This strategy includes strategies that require the use of the internet or smartphones. They don’t last as long as traditional methods, but they take a hit.
Common methods of digital marketing include:
- Website content
- Email campaign
- Content Marketing
- Social media posts
- Click the ad
- Affiliate marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
This strategy is very much popular because of the frequent use of the mobile internet and web browser. According to Statistics, there are “4.54 billion” active internet users and “3.8 billion” active social media users worldwide. With such high numbers, marketing online and via social media makes perfect sense.
There are several advantages over disadvantages of traditional marketing
When comparing traditional marketing with digital marketing, traditional methods are often considered outdated or irrelevant. However, these tricks are still relevant and used even today.
Depending on the targeted audience and company, traditional marketing methods may be a better choice. To find out if “traditional marketing” is right for your business, here are some pros and cons.
- When it is about reaching an older population, traditional marketing can be very effective. According to GlobeNewswire, viewers over 50 spend nearly twice as much time reading the newspaper and watching TV than people aged 21 to 34
- This type of marketing strategy is usually best for companies looking for a larger local audience. Small businesses are better off competing for attention through events, billboards, and flyers than competing with larger businesses for the digital space.
- TV or radio ads will play repeatedly, reminding the audience about the business, while digital marketing articles may be ignored or blocked.
You can make money through many social media apps, like Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, and many more.It will be very interesting to know that how WhatsApp makes money.
- Printing postcards that can only be sent to a local audience can be expensive too and also there is no guarantee that the recipient will be interested in the products/services you offer.
- However, “Traditional marketing methods” take weeks or months to produce results and data. You don’t know when someone reads your ad in the paper unless they choose to follow it. Even so, without a survey, you don’t know if the ad caused the action.
Hence, here are a few differences that will help you decide on the action you are about to take.
Difference between traditional and online marketing
Traditional marketing and digital marketing have pros and cons, but digital marketing still goes beyond traditional marketing methods.
Here are some of the basic differences to better understand traditional vs digital marketing methods:
- Traditional marketing is limited in terms of audience/users as it is limited to local customers/users, whereas digital marketing attracts the attention of customers or consumers from all over the world and thus can reach more consumers through digital marketing. Buyers/customers versus traditional marketing.
- Digital marketing includes two-way communication which enables effective customer service. Digital marketing provides fast, tangible marketing results that companies can use to fine-tune and optimize marketing strategies for maximum sales and profit. This is one main reason companies are turning to digital marketing platforms.
- Digital marketing is inexpensive and environmentally friendly as it allows paperless transactions. Marketers and consumers can interact via different social media platforms which do not pay a penny. Documentation consists of soft copies stored on a website that can access anytime, anywhere.
We hope this was an informational tour for you all!